VOLUNTEER WITH FYWT
Whether you're a young adult looking to make new friends or a retiree looking to fill some spare time, everyone has their reason to volunteer. Here are 10 reasons people love to volunteer. Which ones do you relate with most?
1. There is a personal tie to the cause - People tend to volunteer out of a personal desire to strengthen their communities or support a cause that's close to home and would personally affect their lives for the better.
2. Volunteering is a great way to build a resume - Volunteering with FYWT will help build up new skills in communications, social media content development, and more!
3. It’s a good way to discover our community's uniqueness - Volunteering with people from all different walks of life allows the chance to expand your horizons and celebrate other cultures and peoples.
4. Volunteering sets a good example for others - Volunteering inspires others to get involved to make a positive change in the community.
5. You get to meet like-minded, motivated, positive people - The way someone chooses to spend their spare time is a true reflection of their values and priorities. Connecting over shared passions for a cause while helping the community is a great way to meet new friends.
6. “Doing good” is important - Every day we are bombarded with disheartening news stories. Volunteering presents a proactive way of doing something to make the world a better place. Even the smallest gestures make a difference. And if we all band together, those small gestures can add up to a big change!
7. Volunteering creates empowerment - Volunteering gives you the opportunity to pay-it-forward.
8. Volunteering with FYWT can help you get or stay healthy - While the trail is in development, we'll be needing volunteers to assist in event planning and organizing trail walks on other local trails around Yamhill County. In the future, we'll need volunteers to assist with trail maintenance and help organize our own trail walks.
9. Volunteering gives greater perspective and self-awareness - While volunteering, there may be moments that make you question your perspective on the world and the choices you make in your personal life. Though this can a bit overwhelming at first, developing a keener sense of self-awareness and personal growth is an amazing transformation many volunteers experience.
10. Volunteering is good for you - Volunteering can release bodily tension. Helping your community and making new connections gives you good reason to feel positive by spreading the love.
WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
VOLUNTEER FOR ONE OF OUR SUBCOMMITTEES
If you're looking to be more involved in the Yamhelas Westsider Trail development, join one of our subcommittees! Both subcommittees will assist the Program Coordinator with trail messaging, social media content, and thinking of creative ways to expand funding and our overall reach. There is a limited number of spots on each subcommittee!
Interested in joining our Community Outreach subcommittee? Click the button below to discover if your skills and interests align with the subcommittee's goals.
Interested in joining our Communications subcommittee? Click on the button below to discover if your skills and interests align with the subcommittee's goals.